Instead of a classic margarita, we’re whipping up a frozen cucumber watermelon margarita to enjoy the warm weather. Margaritas are perfect for the summer months. What’s not perfect for the summer months is the 30 grams of added sugar that come in just ONE serving of margarita mix. Instead, we use just real fruit and some Zevia Cucumber Lemon Sparkling Water for added sweetness. How’s that for a refreshing cocktail?
- 2 cans Zevia Cucumber Lemon Sparkling Water
- 3 cups seedless watermelon (cubed)
- 8 oz tequila
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3 oz triple sec
- Himalayan pink salt, to rim the glass
- lime wedges, for garnish
1. Pour Zevia Cucumber Lemon Sparkling Water into two ice cube trays and freeze until solid (about 4-6 hours).
2. In a blender, combine watermelon, lime juice, tequila, triple sec, and Zevia Cucumber Lemon ice cubes and blend mixture until smooth. If the margarita is too thick, just add a bit more Zevia Sparkling Water.
3. Rim glasses with lime juice and Himalayan pink salt
4. Divide mixture evenly among 4 glasses and garnish with a fresh lime wedge.