Sure it’s a little bit chilly out, but that’s never stopped us from eating ice cream before. We especially couldn’t help ourselves when we got our hands on this unique, homemade float recipe. When was the last time you had a black cherry float? Now store bought ice cream is fine, but making our own is 10 times better. Don’t take our word for it. See for yourself!
Recipe by Monika Hibbs.
Coconut Milk Ice Cream Ingredients:
- 2 13 oz cans of coconut cream
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cashew milk
- 1 vanilla bean
- stevia equivalent to 1 cup sugar
- pinch of salt
Coconut Milk Ice Cream Instructions:
- Place ice cream maker bowl in freezer for 24 hours
- Blend all ingredients on high for 2 minutes
- Churn using ice cream maker’s instructions
- Freeze in an airtight container
- 1-2 cans Black Cherry Zevia
- 1/2 cup defrosted or fresh black cherries
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (or seeds from 1 bean)
- 1/2 pint homemade coconut milk ice cream (recipe below)
- stevia to taste
- Place glasses in the freezer for a few minutes until frosty
- Mix cherries, stevia, and vanilla in a bowl and set aside
- Let coconut milk ice cream thaw for a couple minutes before serving
- Drop a dollop of ice cream in each glass and a spoonful of cherries. Add one more layer of each.
- Top off with Black Cherry Zevia