The perfect thing for all those chocolate cravings.
- Preheat oven to 350 F and prepare a 13x9 baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- Combine the Dr. Zevia, oil, butter, and cocoa powder in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to a simmer, mix well, and remove from heat.
- Add sugar, gluten-free flour, and baking soda to the pan and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and buttermilk together.
- Add a small amount of the hot batter to the egg mixture and mix well.
- Then add the egg mixture to the batter and mix well.
- Pour into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- While the cake is cooling, make the glaze. It is ok if it is a little puffed up. Let it rest and it will fall into place.
- Combine the butter, cocoa powder, and milk together in a saucepan over medium heat.
- When the butter is melted and the mixture is combined, whisk in the sugar, 1/2 cup at a time, until fully incorporated and smooth.
- Pour over the warm cake.
- Let the cake cool for a bit before serving.