Like most people, we love a nice margarita on a hot day. What we don’t love is sugar. Just 8 ounces of a store bought margarita mix clocks in at 220 calories and contains a whopping 48g of sugar. That’s worse than a traditional, sugar-chocked soda! We’re going to skip all that and opt for a smarter, homemade version to quench our thirst. This Virgin Zevia Margarita made with our Zevia Lime Sparking Water contains no alcohol, so it’s fun for the whole family, OR if you’re of legal drinking age, you can make an adult version (to consume responsibly, of course).
Recipe created by the brilliant Heart of a Baker.
- stevia equivalent to 2 tbsp sugar (liquid or powder stevia is fine)
- 2 tbsp water
- juice from 2 limes
- zest from 1 lime
- 1-2 cups Zevia Lime Sparkling Water
- 2 oz tequila (optional)
- In a small bowl, whisk together the agave nectar, water, and juice/zest of limes
- Divide evenly between two highball glasses and top with ice
- Pour Zevia Lime Sparkling Water over the top, until glass is full