Last Updated: [February 25, 2019]
If you have any questions don't hesitate to drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org or by using our contact information in the section entitled “Contacting us” below.
What information do we collect?
We may also collect your information from you even if you are not sending us information through the Website, such as by sending us a letter or by calling our customer service number. We may receive your information from third parties and other sources, such as public databases, our marketing partners and social media platforms.
What do we use your information for?
- Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To provide access to, personalize and improve the Services
- To process your Services-related transactions
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other Services feature
- To analyze user patterns and assess the usability or popularity of the Services
- To resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems
- To prevent, detect and investigate prohibited or illegal activities
- To communicate with you
Occasionally, we may use the contact information that you provide us (e.g. email address) to send you news and updates about ourselves or about our products and Services. We may also use this contact information to provide you marketing information or recommendations that we believe may be of interest to you. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving these emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions in each email. Alternatively, you can choose to opt-out of any future communications by sending us a request using the contact information in the section entitled “Contacting us” below.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of industry-standard security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information that we control. However, no transmission over the Internet or data storage system is 100% secure and we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit or submit to us and you do so at your own risk. If you feel you have a reason to believe that your use of the Services is no longer secure, please notify us of the problem using the contact information in the section entitled “Contacting us” below.
If Cookies are used, they may be used to collect information about you and your use of the Services, such as your browser type, preferences, data relating to content that has been displayed to you or that you have clicked on, and the date and time of your use. Cookies may also be used in order to further the Services’ features and processes, provide authentication and security for your transactions on the Services, store your preferences, facilitate relevant advertising, and help us learn more about how users engage with the Services.
We sometimes use service providers to help us provide certain products and services or to integrate other features. These third-party providers may collect information when you view or use them, including information about you and your device or browser. They may do this using Cookies or similar technologies. These third-party providers also may use these technologies to help share information with the Services, like how you use their website or application.
You can use the settings within your browser to control the Cookies that are set on your computer or mobile device. However, please be aware that Cookies are important to many features of the Services – if you set your browser to reject Cookies, you may not be able to enjoy all of the features of the Services. To find out how to see what Cookies have been set and how to reject and delete Cookies, please visit http://www.aboutcookies.org.
To learn more about tracking technologies and advertising in general, please visit http://optout.aboutads.info/#!/.
Do not track
You may be able to adjust your browser settings or other settings so that “do not track” requests are sent to the Services. We will not disable tracking technology that may be active on the Services in response to any “do not track” requests that are sent to the Services.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
Although we do not sell your information, we may disclose the information we collect from you to third parties, as explained below:
- Users of the Service; Public Information. To the extent you share any information with a public audience or via a publicly-accessible portion of the Services, that information will be available to anyone.
- Our Service Providers. We may share your information with third-party contractors, agents, collaborators, or service providers who provide certain operational or support services to us or on our behalf.
- Marketing Partners. We may also share your information with our marketing partners, such as entities that help us administer contests and promotions.
- Companies that Acquire Our Business or Assets. If we become involved in a merger, acquisition, sale of assets, securities offering, bankruptcy, reorganization, or dissolution or if the ownership of all or substantially all of our business relating to the Services otherwise changes, we may provide your information to a third party or parties in connection with the applicable transaction.
- Our Affiliates. We may share some or all of your information with our parent company, subsidiaries and corporate affiliates, joint venturers or other companies under common control with us.
- Aggregate Information. We may share information relating to visitors and users of the Services with affiliated or unaffiliated third parties on an aggregate basis.
- Legal Requirements. We may share your information with law enforcement, governmental agencies, or authorized third parties, in response to a request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other Services user to legal liability, or to protect our rights or property, or during emergencies when safety is at risk. We may also share your information in response to court orders, subpoenas, or other legal or regulatory requests, and we may provide access to your information to our legal counsel and other consultants in connection with actual or potential litigation or other proceedings.
Third-party websites and services
Our Services may utilize (including within the Website) and contain links to third-party websites and services, including payment processors such as Stripe, PayPal and Apple Pay in connection with your purchase of our goods and services (collectively, “Third-Party Services”), that are not operated by Zevia. This policy does not apply to (and we have no control with respect to) any information disclosed to or collected by a third party via a Third-Party Service, even if you use or access such Third-Party Service through the Services and even if such third party or Third-Party Service is affiliated with Zevia. Please review the privacy policies applicable to a Third-Party Service before disclosing or permitting the collection of any of your information in connection with your use of or access to such Third-Party Service. Zevia has no responsibility or liability for Third-Party Services or their respective privacy policies, privacy practices or use of your information.
Contests and promotions
Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code permits California residents to request from a business, with whom the California resident has an established business relationship, information related to the personal information disclosed by Zevia to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of the third parties with whom the business has shared such information during the immediately preceding calendar year. You may make one request each year by using the contact information in the section entitled “Contacting Us” below.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act
Our Services are intended for use by individuals aged 18 and over, and are, therefore, not directed to children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 18, please do not provide any personal information to us.
Your information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or service providers, and by using our Services you hereby consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may provide for different data protection rules than in your country.
Retention of your information
15821 Ventura Blvd. #145
Los Angeles, CA 91436
E-mail communications are not always secure so please do not provide us with any sensitive information in your emails to us.