Caramelized Grapefruit Oatmeal
With the help of Kitchen of Danielle, upgrade your oatmeal and justify having that soda for breakfast!
Yields: 2 servings
- Melt coconut oil in a pan and spread it around
- Once melted, turn the pan on medium heat
- Add grapefruit, coconut sugar, and cinnamon
- Saute until brown and soft. Set aside
- Boil water and add in Zevia, rolled oats, chia seeds, and whatever optional add-ins you choose!
- Cook to desired consistency and pour into a bowl
- Top with grapefruit plus the optional toppings of your choice!
- 1/2 large grapefruit (cut in slices)
- 2 tsp coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp coconut oil
- 2/3 cup rolled oats (we used gluten free)
- 2/3 cup Grapefruit Citrus Zevia
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- Rice-sized cauliflower made in a food processor (optional add-in, for added fiber)
- Protein powder (optional add-in)
- Egg whites (optional add-in)
- Nut butter (optional topping)
- Seeds (optional topping)
- Hemp hearts (optional topping)