Cherry Chocolate Scones
Scones are a perfect on-the-go breakfast or simple, delicious dessert. However you choose to enjoy them, we can probably all agree that they would be even better if we could keep the taste, but were sugar-free. Thanks to The Wooden Skillet, you can have your scone and eat it too!
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine and mix egg, almond milk, and Zevia Black Cherry soda.
- In another mixing bowl, sift flour and combine and mix with baking powder and salt.
- Add coconut oil to flour mixture and use a fork to combine.
- Slowly whisk egg mixture into the flour mixture until fully combined.
- Mix in dried cranberries and chocolate chips until fully combined.
- Form 1 inch disks on a flour-covered surface.
- Cut 6 equal sized pieces with a sharp knife.
- Move dough to a cookie sheet and bake for 22-25 minutes. Enjoy!
- 1 egg (use flax egg to make vegan)
- 1/2 cup + tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup Zevia Black Cherry soda
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp + 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 tbsp coconut oil (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup stevia-sweetened chocolate chips