Citrus Almond Muffins
This vegan muffin recipe from Heart of a Baker made with Zevia Grapefruit Citrus absolutely nails it in the satisfaction department. Citrus and almonds are a combination that always hits the spot.
Yields: 1 batch
- Mix together ground flax seed and water to make your flax egg. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a muffin tin and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine and whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine coconut oil, stevia, vanilla, flax egg, Grapefruit Citrus Zevia, and milk and and beat together with a hand mixer until creamy. The batter should be a little bit runny.
- Slowly add in the dry mixture and beat until smooth.
- Scoop muffin batter into the tins with 1/4 cup spoon or about 2/3 of each muffin cup. Top each muffin with extra sliced almonds
- Bake for 25-30 mins until tops are golden and spring back when touched lightly
- 1 tbsp ground flax seed (for the flax egg)
- 3 tbsp warm water (for the flax egg)
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- stevia equivalent to 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Zevia Grapefruit Citrus
- juice and zest from 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds