Flourless Zevia Root Beer Float Brownies
We turned root beer floats into brownies - because why not?
- Bring eggs to room temperature. If you’re short on time, place them in a bowl of warm water and cover briefly. Grease a 8×8 baking pan with butter and set aside. Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Melt butter and chocolate chips in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring frequently. Transfer mixture to a heatproof bowl and whisk in vanilla and eggs.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together salt, arrowroot flour, cacao powder, and Zevia Ginger Root Beer. Slowly combine the two mixtures until combined and batter is smooth. Transfer the batter to the prepared baking dish.
- Bake on the middle rack for 45-55 mins until the center is set. The middle should be bouncy and edges should start to pull away from the pan.
- Remove from the oven and place on a cooling rack before cutting. For a softer texture, you can place in the fridge for a few hours. The middle may sink.
- To make the frosting, place the mixing bowl and mixer attachments into the freezer for 15 minutes. This will make everything easier to whip.
- Add softened cream cheese, salt, vand vanilla to the frozen mixing bowl and whip until combined. Add in the Zevia Ginger Root Beer 4 tbsp at a time, mixing in between. Add arrowroot flour and whip until mixture until smooth. Add the cold heavy whipping cream 1/2 cup at a time mixing in between until frosting is fluffy.
- Transfer a small amount to a zip top or piping bag for decorating. Spread the rest on top using a brownie.
- To decorate your brownies as pandas, use a double broiler to slowly melt the baking chips. When cooled to room temperature, transfer chocolate to either a piping bag fitted with a small round tip or a zip top bag with a corner cut off. Pipe 2 half circles for ears, 2 ovals for eyes, and a triangle with a line and a little smile for the nose and mouth. You can use a piece of computer paper underneath a layer of wax paper as a guide. Let faces set before adding.
Root Beer Brownies
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 cup Lily’s Stevia Sweetened Dark Chocolate Baking Chips
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs (room temp)
- 4 tbsp arrowroot flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1 cup Zevia Ginger Root Beer (room temp)
Root Beer Cream Frosting
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup Zevia Ginger Root Beer (cold)
- 2 tbsp arrowroot flour
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup Lily’s Stevia Sweetened Dark Chocolate Baking Chips