These better-for-you brownies clock in at a mere 225 calories and just 2 net grams of carbs per serving. What’s not to love?
Yields: 16 servings
- 1 can Zevia Cream Soda
- 6 tbsp butter (melted, salted)
- 3 large eggs (1 net carb)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 2 cups almond flour (16 net carbs)
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes (8 net carbs)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp nutmeg (0.6 net carbs)
- 1 tsp cinnamon (0.6 net carbs)
- 2 tbsp butter (salted)
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp liquid stevia (equivalent to 1 cup sugar)
- 1 cup chopped almonds (8 net carbs)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- For the brownies, combine and whisk together Zevia Cream Soda and butter in a mixing bowl. Mix in eggs, vanilla extract, and almond extract, and blend with a hand blender until smooth. Set bowl aside.
- In a second bowl, combine and whisk together almond flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, and baking soda.
- Combine wet ingredients with the dry ingredients and mix with a hand mixer for about 4-5 minutes.
- Spray a 10x10 baking pan with cooking spray and add the batter. Set baking pan aside.
- For the glaze, melt the butter and add the liquid stevia.
- When mixture starts to bubble, add in the chopped almonds and mix for about 3 mins.
- Pour glaze over the batter and bake for 20 mins or until the top of the almonds start to look dry.
- Remove from oven and cut into 16 pieces. Enjoy!