Lemon Vegetable Tempura
Veggies aren't always our favorite thing to eat, so of course we had to find an easier way. Using a bit of Zevia Cucumber Lemon Sparkling Water for some extra airiness, these refreshing snacks from All Purpose Flour Child are the perfect spring treat.
- Fill a deep, heavy-bottomed pot with 2-3 inches of oil. Heat to 375°F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Whisk in the Zevia Cucumber Lemon Sparkling Water until batter comes through.
- Dip the vegetables in the batter and coat completely.
- Gently add vegetables a few pieces at a time into oil, using tongs.
- Fry for 2-3 minutes until light golden brown, flipping halfway through.
- Remove vegetables and dry on a towel-lined plate.
- Sprinkle with salt and squeeze fresh lemon juice. Top off with fresh chopped herbs for garnish. Enjoy.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup Zevia Cucumber Lemon Sparkling Water
- canola or peanut oil, for frying
- 15 sprigs asparagus (trimmed)
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1 medium zucchini (thinly sliced)
- fresh chives or parsley (finely chopped)
- flaky sea salt
- fresh lemon wedges