Mountain Zevia Donuts
Kick your day of with a sugar free doughnut with a little caffeine from stevia sweetened Mountain Zevia soda for a clean and healthy breakfast (or snack) from our friend Foodness Gracious.
Yields: 12 servings
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray a doughnut pan with oil.
- Using a stand mixer, cream the butter and stevia until creamy. Add in the eggs and mix well, scraping down batter as needed.
- In another bowl, mix the flour and baking powder together and gradually add it to the batter.
- Add in the vanilla, lemon juice, and Mountain Zevia. Mix together, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- With a spoon or piping bag, fill the doughnut pan slots with batter.
- Bake for 14 minutes and transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- In a mixing bowl, combine and mix the stevia, lemon juice, and Mountain Zevia until frosting is smooth. Add more Mountain Zevia if frosting is too thick.
- Dip each doughnut into the icing and garnish with extra lemon and lime zest, if desired. Enjoy!
- 4 oz softened, butter
- stevia equivalent to 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup Mountain Zevia
- stevia equivalent to 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 3-4 tbsp Mountain Zevia