Spiced Orange Scones
Start your day off the right way with a sugar-free, whole wheat breakfast from My Diary of Us!
Yields: 8 scones
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine flours, baking powder, all spice, orange zest, salt, and stevia and whisk to combine.
- Using hands massage cubed butter into the dry ingredients until it is a crumbly consistency.
- In another bowl, combine sour cream, Zevia Orange Soda, vanilla, and eggs. Whisk to combine well.
- Slowly add wet ingredients into the dry ingredients using a wooden spoon and stir until just combined.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for a minute until the dough is smooth and form into a 8” circle about 1-1 1/2 inches thick.
- Cut into 8 triangles and place onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Brush lightly with whole milk or heavy cream.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp all spice
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter, cubed
- stevia equal to 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup Zevia Orange Soda
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp heavy cream