Strawberry Jam Bars
Breakfast and dessert can be the same if you want them to be! Have your cake, or Strawberry Jam Bars in this case, and eat it too with this no sugar added treat made with Zevia Strawberry Soda from our friend Heart of a Baker.
- Preheat oven to 325°F and line an 8”x8” pan with parchment paper and grease. Set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, cook strawberries until they breakdown and can be mashed with a spoon (~5-7 mins). Remove from heat, add chia seeds, and Zevia.
- In a food processor, combine both flours, oats, dates, cinnamon, salt, olive oil, and almond milk. Pulse until a batter forms.
- Take half the batter and press firmly evenly into the bottom of the pan. Spread the filling over the crust.
- Sprinkle the rest of the crumbles over top. Bake for 50 mins or until filling is bubbly and top is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 mins. Chill for ~30 mins before cutting. Enjoy.
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour • 3 cups fresh strawberries • 3 tbsp chia seeds • 1/3 cup Zevia Strawberry Soda
- 3/4 all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 4-6 pitted dates
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 3 cups fresh strawberries
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/3 cup Zevia Strawberry Soda