Strawberry Orange Scones
We don't always have time to make a full meal in the mornings. Pastries are great, but most are loaded with sugar. Instead, whip up these no sugar added scones from Joyfully Mad for your on-the-go snack with none of the sugar and junk.
Yields: 8 scones
- Preheat oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Zest a large orange into the flour mixer and whisk to combine.
- Cut cold butter into the flour mixture until the mixture has fine crumbs.
- Stir in the Greek yogurt, orange juice, Zevia Grapefruit Citrus soda, liquid stevia, and vanilla.
- Gently fold in the strawberries, careful to not overwork the dough.
- Place the dough on a countertop or cutting board sprinkled with flour.
- If the dough is wet, sprinkle flour on top and fold dough over a couple times. If the dough is dry, fold the dough over a few times.
- Form dough into a circle, about an inch thick. Cut the dough into 8 triangles.
- Brush scones with milk and bake for 18-20 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes before moving to a cooling rack. Enjoy immediately or store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp orange zest
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter (cold, cubed)
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 3 tbsp fresh squeezed orange juice
- 3 tbsp Zevia Grapefruit Citrus soda
- 1/2 tsp liquid stevia (equivalent to 1/2 cup sugar)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup strawberries, hulled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 tsp milk