- Combine the butter and stevia in a bowl of a stand mixer. Cream until fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Mix in the vanilla, Zevia Cream Soda, and egg. Alternatively, you can use a stand mixer.
- In another mixing bowl, combine and whisk the almond flour, coconut flour, tapioca flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients by slowly adding the dry ingredients into the mixer, while set to low.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for an hour.
- When the dough is chilled, roll it out to 1/4 inch thick onto a flat, floured surface and cut out the shapes you want. For snowmen, just use 2 1/2 and 1 1/2 inch circles.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Transfer your cutouts to the baking sheets and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until cookies reach your desired texture. Let cookies cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Make the buttercream while the cookies cool. With a hand mixer on medium, cream 1 cup of butter until fluffy, then add in the vanilla, Zevia Cream Soda, 2 tbsp arrowroot flour, and whipping cream. Beat for 2 more minutes and add in the rest of the arrowroot powder. Add liquid stevia if desired.
- Split up the frosting and add natural color.
- If you decide to use chocolate, melt the baking chips over a double broiler with some coconut oil.
- Spread or pipe the buttercream onto the cookies. To decorate snowmen, add the shredded coconut with a sunflower seed for the carrot nose. Pipe some colored frosting for scarves and some melted chocolate with a toothpick for the face, arms, and buttons.
- To make the trees, pipe the green frosting and add shredded coconut for snow and pomegranate seeds for ornaments.
- For the snowflakes, just add shredded coconut. Enjoy!
- 1/4 cup room temp. butter
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp stevia (to taste)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2/3 cup Zevia Cream Soda
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 2 tbsp tapioca flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
- 1 cup room temp. butter
- 3-4 tbsp arrowroot powder
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp Zevia Cream Soda
- liquid stevia to taste
- pomegranate seeds
- plain shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup Lily's dark chocolate baking chips
- 1/4 tsp coconut oil
- matcha powder for natural green coloring
- beetroot powder for natural red coloring
- naturally colored chocolate covered sunflower seeds