Zevia Ginger Root Beer Donuts
Most donuts are deep fried in fat and loaded with sugar. Who needs it? With this sugar-free baked donut recipe from My Diary of Us made with Zevia Ginger Root Beer, you can satisfy your cravings with none of the guilt!
Yields: 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine and whisk the flour, baking powder, salt, and stevia.
- In another bowl, combine and whisk the Zevia Ginger Root Beer, egg, applesauce, yogurt, vanilla, and milk.
- Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Thoroughly grease donut pan with non-stick spray.
- Place batter into a plastic, zip-top bag and cut a corner to create a piping bag.
- Pipe donut batter into each donut tin until almost full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until donuts are cooked all the way through.
- Let donuts cool before removing. While donuts cool, make the peanut butter glaze.
- Heat the peanut butter in the microwave for about 15 seconds.
- Combine the peanut butter with the yogurt and milk. Whisk until smooth.
- Carefully dip the cooled donuts into the peanut butter glaze and place onto a serving platter.
- Sprinkle crushed peanuts over top and serve immediately.
Ginger Root Beer Donuts
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- stevia equivalent to 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup Zevia Ginger Root Beer
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp milk of choice
Peanut Butter Glaze
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 2 tbsp plain yogurt
- 3 tbsp milk of choice
- crushed peanuts for topping