Whip up this unique cupcake flavor combination and be prepared to be amazed! Makes 36 cupcakes. Approximately 170 calories per cupcake.
Yields: 1 batch
- 1 cup butter
- stevia equivalent to 2 cups of sugar
- 4 eggs
- 4 cups of cake flour
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 can Zevia Grape Soda
- 1 cup of dark purple grapes, chopped into pieces
- 1 cup unsalted butter-room temp
- liquid stevia equivalent to 1 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 5 tbsp milk
- Cream the butter and liquid stevia until well blended.
- Add your eggs, vanilla, baking soda, salt and baking powder, and then mix well.
- Add Zevia Grape soda and chopped grapes, and mix.
- Pour into cupcake liners about 3/4 full. These are a thicker, moist cupcake and they do not rise a lot.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 22-25 minutes. Cool completely.
- In mixer with paddle on medium speed, cream the butter until light and fluffy.
- Add stevia and cornstarch and whip again on high for 3 minutes.
- Add vanilla extract and lemon juice and whip again.
- Add milk 1 tbsp at a time whipping for 1 minute in between adding another tbsp. This is to thicken the buttercream with the cornstarch and make it creamy and stiff. Continue to desired consistency.
- Transfer and cover. Let set 30 minutes before using
- Ice the cupcakes using a piping sleeve and top with a grape.