Zevia Raw Matcha Citrus Cheesecake
Skip the artificial coloring and dyes and opt for a naturally green dessert created by Luxe and the Lady!
Yields: 1 batch
- Dissolve ½ tbsp Celtic sea salt in 4 cups of filtered water. Add the cashews and cover with a thin kitchen towel. Allow the cashews to soak, on the counter, for 2-3 hours. Drain and rinse until the water is clear. Set aside.
- Grease your silicone mold using a little coconut oil.
- Place the unsweetened coconut in a food processor and process until it becomes almost like a powder. Sprinkle the coconut in the bottom of each mold. This helps to keep the crust from sticking to the bottom.
- Place the pitted dates in your food processor and process until it clumps together to form a ball. Remove and set aside.
- Add the rest of the crust ingredients to the food processor and process until they start to combine. Add the dates back in and continue to process until everything is well mixed (you may have to scrape down the sides of the processor once while doing this).
- Divide the date mixture evenly, and using clean hands firmly press the crust into the bottom of the molds.
- Add all of the filling ingredients to a high-speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy (it helps to add the liquids a little at a time). It may take a few minutes to reach the desired consistency.
- Transfer the filling to a small measuring cup and pour over the crusts until each mold is full.
- Place the molds in the freezer (I like to use a baking sheet so that nothing spills), and freeze for 2-3 hours, or until the cheesecakes are hard throughout.
- If you would like to turn your cheesecakes into smiling shamrocks just melt the dark chocolate and transfer to a heat proof piping bottle. Pipe faces onto the wax paper and allow to set.
- Remove the cheesecakes from the freezer, pop them out of the mold, and if desired, dust with a little matcha powder before adding the chocolate faces. You can eat the cheesecakes right out of the freezer, or allow to thaw for 10-15 min first (both are delicious). Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup dried, unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup packed Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/8 tsp Celtic sea salt
- 2 cups whole raw cashews, soaked*
- 1/2 cup Mountain Zevia
- 3/4 cup coconut cream
- stevia equivalent to 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 1/2 tbsp matcha green tea powder
- 4 cups filtered water and ½ tbsp Celtic sea salt (to soak the cashews)
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Heat proof piping bottle
- Wax paper
- Matcha Green Tea Powder for dusting